Goat Cheese with Honey, Fig & Pistachios- This is my “go-to” easy appetizer. So many people have asked for the recipe…but here’s the beauty…you don’t even need a recipe! It’s four simple ingredients and takes only 5 minutes to whip up.
It really doesn’t get any easier than this! Need a quick appetizer idea for a family get together? Something easy to take to the neighborhood BBQ? You can have this prepared and ready to serve in about 5 min.
Just four simple ingredients. Rich, creamy goat cheese is rolled with roasted pistachios, honey and fig.
I accidentally discovered that it’s possible to heat fig spread and use in many different recipes. I was wanting to make a fig balsamic dressing for my Grilled nectarine and Chevre salad and I was out of the fig balsamic vinegar I wanted to use in the dressing. But I did have a jar of fig spread (usually sold in the cheese section of the grocery store). I wanted it to be a more liquid consistency so I popped it into the microwave..and voila! yummy sweet figgy goodness!
It’s the perfect addition to this versatile, quick easy appetizer.
Here’s how easy it is to make this Goat Cheese with Honey, Fig and Pistachios-
1. Chop up pistachios and place them on plate. You can add a few dried cranberries if you’d like
2. Roll a goat cheese log on the pistachios to coat the cheese with nuts. Place on a serving tray.
3. Drizzle with honey.
4. Place fig spread in microwave for 10-15 seconds and drizzle over goat cheese.
- 1 medium log fresh goat cheese ( approx. 11 oz.)
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios,chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fig spread ( like Dalmatia brand)
- crackers or bread,for serving
- On a small plate, spread out the chopped pistachios, Roll goat cheese on the pistachios to coat top and sides. Transfer to a serving tray.
- Drizzle honey over cheese log
- In a microwave safe dish, add the fig spread (similar to jelly), heat in microwave for 10 seconds. Drizzle over cheese log. Serve with crackers or bread.