Crazy easy!. This pecan crusted oven baked salmon dinner takes just a few minutes of prep time. Salmon,veggies and sweet potato cook together on one sheet-pan. About 20 min. later out pops a healthy and delicious complete meal.
I’m loving sheet-pan suppers these days! Besides the whole concept of putting everything on one sheet-pan and letting it all cook together and the easy clean-up, I love that you can adjust the ingredients to accommodate however many people you are serving.
Most sheet-pan dinners recipes you see are probably geared more towards serving 4+ but with simple adjustments they are just as great for dinner for two, or even dinner for one. Today we’re making pecan crusted oven baked salmon for two (of course you can adjust the quantities up or down to accommodate your desired servings).
This is one of those quick and easy recipes that can easily become one of your “go-to” recipe, meaning it’s so simple , requires only a few ingredients and you probably won’t even need the recipe once you’ve made this a few times. Seriously! You need salmon fillets, pecans, a little butter, a clove of garlic, dill, a sweet potato , some Brussels sprouts and salt and pepper..that’s it! ( and some orange slices for garnish if you choose)
Hello beautiful flaky, buttery, crunchy pecan and dill crusted salmon! Today I’m cooking the salmon with sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts which are in season now, but you can easily swap these out for other things according to what’s in season. I’m thinking fresh asparagus and fingerling potatoes in spring, zucchini in the summer…the possibilities are endless!
- 1 sweet potato, cut into small pieces
- ½ lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 piece of bacon, cut into small pieces (optional)
- olive oil- for coating vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 salmon fillets, preferably Wild Alaskan Salmon (approx. 5-6 oz each)
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp dried dill weed
- ⅓ cup pecan halves
- orange slices, optional (for garnish or to place on top of vegetables while cooking)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or aluminum foil) and set aside.
- Cut sweet potato into small pieces. Trim and cut Brussels sprouts in half. Add both to a medium bowl (or large zip-lock bag) and drizzle to coat with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place vegetables on baking sheet , leaving an empty space on pan for each piece of salmon. If using bacon, add pieces to baking sheet on top of vegetables. Place in oven to cook while you prepare the salmon. (The vegetable will take about 10 min. more to cook than the salmon).
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper , set aside.
- Rough chop pecan halves (or pulse in food processor), mix with melted butter, garlic and dill in a small bowl. Remove vegetables from oven and place salmon fillets in open spaces on cooking sheet. Top salmon with pecan mixture. Return to oven and continue to cook for approx. 15-18 minutes (until salmon is pink and flakes with a fork).