Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade – Sparkling Mineral Water gives just the right amount of fizz to this summer favorite. Infused with fresh strawberries and lemons it makes for a tasty, thirst quenching summer treat.
Hot! Hot! It’s HOT this summer!
If things have been a little quiet around these parts lately it’s because I have been happily traveling around Europe for the past few months. Exploring places like Amsterdam, Italy, Austria, Budapest, and Prague. And it’s been REALLY HOT!
I’ve taken to sipping non-stop on cool sparkling mineral water to stay hydrated. There is something about that little bit of fizz that you feel in the back of your mouth as you swallow that just seems to quench thirst a bit better than still water. Plus, mineral water is full of well…minerals (like magnesium, calcium, and iron) which are good for the body and help replace some of the minerals you lose through perspiration.
I find sometimes though that I crave something with a little flavor when I’m really hot. Something with the tastes of summer, light, refreshing and not too sweet.
Sparking mineral water is the base for this sugar-free Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade. Add sliced lemons and strawberries to the mineral water and let sit for a few minutes (so the fruit flavor mingles with the sparkling water). Add some stevia if you’d like a little sweetness and whole bunch of ice and you have a thirst quenching summer treat!
Try any of your favorite summer fruits,like peaches, blackberries, or watermelon in addition to/or instead of the strawberries. You could even add some fresh mint for refreshing twist.
Time for a dip in the pool…
- 8 large lemons
- ½ pint strawberries
- 2 litre (33.8 oz) bottles sparkling water (like San Pellegrino)
- 2 teaspoons liquid Stevia (found in the baking section of your grocers) (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Ice, as needed
- lemon slices, for garnish
- Wash and dry lemons. Cut 6 lemons in half, and juice each half into large pitcher (you may want to use a strainer to catch the seeds). Slice the remaining 2 lemons to form wheels, set aside.
- Clean strawberries and slice into pieces, set aside.
- Add sparking water and Stevia to lemon juice in pitcher. Stir well. Add lemon slices (reserving some for garnish if desired). Add strawberry slices.
- Let mixture sit for 10-15 min. for the flavor of fruits to mix. Add ice and serve.