Summer Chicken Parmesan
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ cup plain whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- Pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 4 4 oz. chicken breast cutlets
- 1 cup marinara sauce or your favorite tomato sauce
- ¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 ½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 ear fresh corn
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
Preheat oven to 450 F. Combine the breadcrumbs, panko, Parmesan and Italian herbs in a medium bowl.
Lightly brush chicken with olive oil ( you will only need a very small amount of olive oil) and dip chicken breasts in breadcrumb mixture.
Heat 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add chicken and cook 1 minute on each side (working in batches if not all cutlets will fit in the skillet). Place chicken cutlets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 5 min. ( If you are using very thin chicken cutlets you may want to skip this initial baking –see Step 5- add marinara etc. )
While chicken is baking, heat the remaining oil in skillet. Add zucchini and corn and sauté 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauté an additional 1-2 minutes.
Remove chicken from oven and top each piece with approx. 2 1/2 Tbsp marinara and 2 Tbsp grated mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Adjust cooking time depending on the thickness of your chicken .Top chicken with vegetable sauté and chopped fresh basil (or Italian parsley)
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 35.7g | Fat: 15.8g | Saturated Fat: 4.7g | Cholesterol: 83.4mg | Sodium: 512.8mg | Fiber: 2.4g | Sugar: 6.1g