"Stress Buster" Orange Smoothie
Start your day out with one of these creamy, nutrient rich orange smoothies and fill up your body with loads of vitamins and minerals, like Vitamins B & C, Fiber, Calcium, Potassium and Beta- Carotene. Help protect yourself from the stress of the holiday season and the flu season.
Servings: 2 smoothies
- 2 ripe bananas peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces ( frozen for at least 2 hours)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange peeled and cut up into chunks
- ¾ cup almond milk or low-fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 carrot peeled and cut up into 1 inch pieces
- Ice if you are not using frozen bananas you will want to add a few cubes of ice
Frozen bananas add a layer of creaminess to this smoothie, so if you have time, I recommend freezing for at least 2 hours or overnight. If not, you’ll want to add a few cubes of ice to this smoothie.
* for a fun twist and a different taste, omit the carrot...tastes just like an Orange Julius (which tastes just like a creamsicle)
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 46.9g | Protein: 3.4g | Fat: 1.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 91.1mg | Fiber: 5.7g | Sugar: 30.3g