Roasted Salmon + Veggie Bowl
Healthy salmon and a rainbow of vegetables are cooked on one sheet-pan and served on top of a bed of arugula/spinach and quinoa. Topped off with some basil pesto and a squeeze of lemon. Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
Servings: 2 bowls
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small cut into quarter moons
- 1 red bell pepper cored and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper cored and diced
- ½ lb. asparagus trimmed and cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 salmon filets 4-5 oz. each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups baby arugula or spinach or combo
- 2-3 Tbsp prepared basil pesto
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa 1/4 cup dry quinoa cooked in 1/2 cup water = 3/4 cup cooked
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley
Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper, set aside.
In a medium bowl add sweet potato, zucchini, bell peppers and asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil to coat vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste. If desired add a pinch of red pepper flakes. Place on prepared baking sheet, leaving room on the baking sheet for the salmon filets( which will be added later).
Place vegetables in the oven for 10 mins.
While vegetables are cooking prepare the salmon filets. Brush salmon filets with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
Remove vegetables from oven (after cooking for 10 mins.) and add the salmon filets to the baking sheet with the vegetables. Return to the oven and cook until salmon is cooked and vegetables are tender (about 10-12 minutes). Depending on thickness of your salmon filets you may need to adjust the cooking time.
While salmon and vegetables are cooking, divide spinach/arugula between 2 bowls. If adding quinoa, mix cooked quinoa with chopped parsley and top spinach/arugula. When vegetables and salmon have finished cooking let salmon and vegetables cool for a few minutes and then divide between two bowls. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon if desired. Top salmon with a spoonful of pesto.
* Nutrition info does not include optional grains.
Nutrition info with quinoa: (per bowl) 484. 6 calories, 19.7 g Fat, 2.6 g Sat. Fat, 48.0 g Carbs, 8.5 g Fiber, 9.1 g Sugar, 32.0 g Protein.
** For Paleo option- omit grains and look for prepared pesto without Parmesan cheese.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 398.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.5g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 18.3g | Saturated Fat: 2.6g | Cholesterol: 64.2mg | Sodium: 110.2mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7.6g