Buffalo Chickpea Pizza
Servings: 8 slices
For the Pizza
- 1 ball prepared pizza dough 16 oz. fresh or frozen (or your favorite pre-made pizza crust)
- olive oil for brushing pizza dough
- 1 can chickpeas 15 oz.
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce like Franks original hot sauce or Buffalo wing sauce (like Franks Buffalo wing sauce)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced red onion according to taste
- ½ cup spinach torn in small pieces
- 1 stalk celery cut into pieces
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into pieces
- cilantro for garnish
For the ranch dressing
- 1 container 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450F
Spray a pizza pan or baking sheet with cooking spray. Stretch dough (or use a rolling pin) according to package direction. Place dough on pizza pan (10" or 12") or baking sheet and lightly brush top with olive oil. Optional step- for spicier pizza add a thin layer of Buffalo wing sauce or hot sauce on top of pizza (leaving about 1/2 inch border around sides for the crust) . Top with mozzarella cheese.
Combine garbanzo beans and hot sauce in a small bowl. Spoon mixture over the top of pizza and top with torn spinach and sliced red onions. Place in oven and cook according to package directions for dough (approx. 8-12 min.) until crust is golden brown.
While pizza is cooking prepare the Ranch dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and mixing thoroughly. If necessary add a small amount of milk or almond milk to achieve desired consistency.
Remove pizza from oven and top with celery, carrots and ranch dressing.Add cilantro and more hot sauce if desired.
**Because the nutritional values for the dough you select will vary widely I am including the nutritional/calories for just the toppings portion (everything listed in this recipe except the dough) for this pizza. That way you can have a more accurate idea based on the dough you select.
** The dough I used had 130 calories per slice - making one slice of pizza a total of 245 cal.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.7g | Protein: 8.29g | Fat: 2.9g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Cholesterol: 8.2mg | Sodium: 245.3mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sugar: 1.29g