Superfood Salad with Creamy Cashew Dressing
Servings: 2 servings
For the Salad
- 3 cups chopped Swiss chard or Kale
- 1 cup cooked quinoa *
- ½ cup red bell pepper seeded and diced
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
- ¼ cup red cabbage sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mango diced
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup red onion diced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes
For the Creamy Cashew Dressing
- ½ cup cashew pieces raw and unsalted
- ½ cup water more if necessary
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
* to yield 1 cup cooked quinoa you'll need 1/3 cup dry quinoa + 2/3 cup water and cook according to package directions .
For the Dressing
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and let set for 5 min. (to let cashews soften, while you assemble the salad).
Using an immersion blender (or a regular blender) blend until completely combined.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 473.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 60.8g | Protein: 16.6g | Fat: 21.7g | Saturated Fat: 5.5g | Sodium: 90.1mg | Fiber: 9.5g | Sugar: 18.4g