Curried Chickpea and Kale Soup
- 2 cans chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves tough stems removed and torn into pieces ( I prefer the curly variety of kale for the recipe)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ¾ cups coconut milk lite or low-fat ( Thai coconut milk in the can)
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp honey or agave for Vegan option
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth.
Pour soup into a medium pot and heat on medium-high. Allow soup to simmer for 10 min, stirring occasionally. Top with fresh cracked pepper.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 37.5g | Protein: 7.4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Sodium: 471mg | Fiber: 7.1g | Sugar: 3.5g