5 Ingredient Skillet Pesto Chicken + Asparagus
One- Pan Skillet Dinner. Only 5 ingredients which can be found year round or customize to take advantage of seasonal produce. Ready in 20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus ends trimmed and cut into half or thirds
- ¼ cup fresh prepared basil pesto* more to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Serve of rice cauliflower rice, pasta, zoodles, quinoa or grain of your choice
Cut chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt to taste.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 2-3 min on each side. Add asparagus and pesto and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until tomatoes become warm.
Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, pasta, zoodles, quinoa or grain of your choice
* If you'd prefer, here is a recipe for homemade pesto
1 cups fresh basil leaves (no stems)
1 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts
1 large clove garlic
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a food processor, combine basil leaves, pine nuts and garlic until finely minced. Add oil slowly while processor is running and continue processing . Add cheese and process just long enough to combine.
** You may want to add extra pesto or a drizzle of olive oil if you are serving over pasta, rice, grains.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.5g | Protein: 28.4g | Fat: 10.1g | Saturated Fat: 1.8g | Cholesterol: 71.7mg | Sodium: 95.5mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1.5g