Skillet Honey Garlic Shrimp
Skillet Honey Garlic Shrimp- this easy shrimp recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or healthy meal prep. Pan fried shrimp and broccoli in a sweet and savory honey garlic sauce. Ready in 20 mins.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 cup broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced ( approx. 1 Tbsp)
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Green onion sliced (for garnish) optional
- Serve over rice cauliflower rice, quinoa, zucchini noodles
In a small bowl whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Place shrimp in a large bowl (or ziplock bag). Pour HALF the honey mixture over the shrimp, reserving the remaining mixture for later. Stir (or shake if using ziplock bag) to coat and allow shrimp to marinate (in refrigerator) for at least 15 minutes (or up to 8-12 hours).
Heat ¼ cup water in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli to skillet and cover. Allow to cook until crisp tender (about 3-4 minutes). Remove broccoli from pan and set aside. Pour any remaining water from skillet and dry with a paper towel.
Add olive oil to skillet and return to heat over medium-high. Add shrimp to skillet, discarding the used marinade. Cook shrimp for one minute, stir and add remaining honey/soy/garlic mixture to skillet. Cook for an additional 2 minutes (or until shrimp are cooked through). Add broccoli to skillet and toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds and/or sliced green onion, if desired.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.4g | Protein: 24.5g | Fat: 5.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Cholesterol: 172.3mg | Sodium: 605.8mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 17.8g