High Protein Oatmeal Pancakes -a breakfast high in protein helps fuel you up and keeps you feeling full longer. Heart healthy and heart-shaped, these High Protein Oatmeal Pancakes swap in oats (instead of flour) and cottage cheese (instead of milk) for a higher protein breakfast option.
It’s not a secret that I’m a kitchen gadget nerd! some people love to shop for fashion, tech, etc….but me? I love kitchen gadgets! The fact that I live within walking distance to Sur la Table, Crate and Barrel, Williams Sonoma…and now the new Whisk ( a cooking school and retail store) that’s opening up NEXT DOOR! ohh…trouble! trouble! trouble!….I mean HEAVEN! HEAVEN! HEAVEN!
Not even possible to pass up these cute heart-shaped pancake rings! You can use them to make pancakes or eggs..or I’m sure a zillion other things! and the fact that they are under 10 bucks! how could you not!(at least that was my rational to myself I mean oh course they are great for Valentines day…but really wouldn’t every morning be a bit better with heart-shaped breakfast items? (Amazon link for heart shaped pancake/egg rings)
So easy to use, place the mold on a hot skillet, add 1/4 cup of the pancake batter and when the batter starts to bubble just lift up the mold. The heart-shaped pancake (or egg) stays in place and you can flip over as necessary to cook the other side.
If you’re not a gadget person, no worries! you can free form your heart-shaped pancakes or just make traditional round pancakes. These High Protein Oatmeal pancakes are delicious in any form and will help keep you feeling full for hours.
If you want to go all out…you could drizzle a little chocolate sauce (or syrup) over the stack of High Protein Oatmeal Pancakes!…now that’s amore <3 !
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup cottage cheese, low- fat or non-fat
- ¾ cup rolled oats (use GF oats for GF option)
- 2 tsp honey*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt to taste
- ½ cup sliced fresh strawberries (or fruit of your choice)
- Place all ingredients ( except strawberries) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spray a large skillet (or griddle) with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. If using heart shaped molds place on skillet and fill with ¼ cup batter. (if not using heart molds, pour ¼ cup batter directly on skillet/griddle). When pancakes start to bubble, remove heart mold (if using)and flip pancakes over. Cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter (spray skillet or griddle with non-stick spray between batches)
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Serve with syrup or chocolate sauce if desired.