Crockpot Chicken Fajitas..it really doesn’t get much easier than this! Simply add 4 ingredients plus some seasoning to the slow cooker and you have a fuss free meal option your whole family will love.
Now close your eyes and imagine yourself at a fancy Mexican restaurant, hear the sizzling hot fajitas as they pass your table. Smell the warm aroma of spicy chicken, bell peppers and onions. That’s exactly the aroma that will greet you when you come home from a long day at work (or play). Magic will have taken place in the slow cooker while you were out, and a fancy Mexican feast awaits you.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
So Easy! Only 5 minutes prep time
1. Slice bell peppers and onion into 1/4 inch slices. Can be done ahead of time and stored in zip-top bags in the refrigerator.
2. Place the bell peppers and onions at the bottom of the crock pot and sprinkle contents of taco/fajita seasoning packet over the top of mixture ( or make your own spice mixture-recipe below).
3. Add the chicken and chicken stock. Cover and let the magic begin.
4. Shred the Chicken -Once chicken is cooked, remove from the slow-cooker and let cool for a few minutes. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Add shredded chicken back into slow-cooker and mix with peppers and onions.
Serve these Crockpot Chicken fajitas with tortillas and your favorite toppings, like cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole and fresh cilantro . Equally as delicious served as a salad over a bed of shredded lettuce.
How to Make Your Own Taco/Fajita Seasoning:
If you don’t have a packet of taco/fajita seasoning handy or you’d like to make your own, you can substitute the following for the packet.
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Bell peppers can be added at any time throughout the cooking process. If you like crispier veggies consider adding the bell peppers later in the cooking process.
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas are great when you want to “set it and forget it”…but sometimes you just need fajitas NOW! and if that’s the case…here you go! Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (Ready in 20 min.)
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 packet taco or fajita seasoning *
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts bone in or boneless
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- toppings cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa
- Slice bell peppers and onions in 1/4 inch slices. Add to bottom of Crockpot. **
- Sprinkle taco or fajita seasoning packet over bell peppers and onions in Crockpot. Add chicken breasts and chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the Crockpot and let cool slightly. Use two forks to shred the chicken. If using chicken on the bone, discard bones after shredding. Add shredded chicken back to Crockpot and mix with peppers and onions.
- Serve over tortillas with your choice of toppings ( like cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, fresh cilantro).
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper ** Bell Peppers can be added any time throughout the cooking process. If you like crisper peppers add later in the cooking process.