Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas- Let the oven do the work! Only one sheet pan and about 20 mins. needed to have tasty chicken fajitas on your table. Perfectly seasoned juicy chicken, bell peppers, and caramelized onions nestled in soft flour tortillas and topped with a squeeze of fresh lime and a sprinkling of fresh cilantro. A perfect weeknight meal the whole family will love.
I know how much you all love easy, healthy chicken fajitas! Because, for the past two years Crockpot Chicken Fajitas has consistently been the most viewed recipe here on SHK. I mean how can you go wrong? Only 4 ingredients and some spices go into the crockpot, let it all cook for a few hours and out pops a Mexican fiesta!
That’s all great when you’ve planned ahead but what about those times when it’s fast approaching the dinner hour and you have no idea what you’re going to make ?
Have Dinner on the table in 20 mins! (From start to finish)
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are just as easy as the crockpot version but the oven does all the work. You really can have a healthy dinner on the table in just a matter of minutes and with just a few ingredients.
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas:
- Mix together the seasoning ingredients (chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder & red pepper flakes) in a small bowl. In a large bowl (or ziplock bag) add olive oil, chicken, bell peppers and seasoning. Toss to combine.
- Spray a sheet pan with non-stick spray (or line with parchment paper). Spread chicken and veggies on sheet pan and roast (at 425F) for 10-15 mins. (depending on thickness of chicken and veggie slices).
- Wrap flour tortillas in aluminum foil and place in the oven for the last 5 minutes the chicken is cooking.
- Remove chicken from oven and pour off any extra juices (from peppers/onions) from cooking process. Squeeze some fresh lime over chicken and serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings, like sour cream, fresh cilantro, cheese, salsa, or avocado.
Can you use frozen vegetables? or frozen chicken?
Yes! Just thaw either according to package directions prior to making this recipe.
Tip- If using frozen vegetables look for frozen “fajita vegetable mixture ” which include both bell pepper and onions to keep things easy. Or, you can use individual packages of frozen bell pepper and frozen onion. You’ll want around 2- 3 cups of veggies total.
To ensure nice charred edges on the vegetables you’ll want to make sure you have space around each vegetable slice. This allows the veggies to cook/roast vs. steam (which is what they will do if too close together). You can use two sheet pans if you’d like to ensure enough space around the veggies. Use one sheet pan for the chicken and one sheet pan for the veggies.
Other Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes You Might Like:
- Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken– chicken thighs + veggies + olives + Mediterranean spices
- Sheet Pan Ranch Pork Chops + Potatoes-Delicious, juicy & tender pork chops, crispy potatoes and roasted green beans seasoned with homemade (5 minute) healthy Ranch seasoning.
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Shrimp -Tender shrimp are brushed with homemade teriyaki sauce and cooked along side baby bok choy. Ready in 15 mins.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into ½ inch thick strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- Optional Toppings sour cream, cheese, salsa, avocado etc
For the Seasoning*
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Salt and pepper to taste ( recommend approx. 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper)
- Preheat oven to 425 F . Spray a large sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the seasonings; chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, chicken, bell pepper, onion and seasonings . Toss to combine.
- Spread chicken, bell peppers and onion into an even layer on baking sheet . Roast until chicken is fully cooked and bell peppers/onions reach desired tenderness ( approx. 10 – 15 min depending on the thickness of the chicken strips) careful not to overcook the chicken.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and warm up in the oven for last 5 min. of cooking time.
- Remove fajita mixture from oven and pour off any extra juices from cooking. Squeeze juice from fresh lime over fajita mixture and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Serve filling warm in warm tortillas and top with optional toppings (like sour cream, cheese, salsa or guacamole).