Fuel up with good nutrients and face the holiday season head on! (or any day of the year!)
Start your day out with one of these creamy, nutrient rich smoothies and fill up your body with loads of vitamins and minerals. Help protect yourself from the stress of the holiday season and the flu season.
The holidays can be stressful on your body and your health. All that hustle and bustle, the gift shopping, the parties, loads of food and drinks, and probably less than optimum eating habits (I mean how is it possible to pass up ALL of the holiday cookies and goodies? Ya, it’s not!) All that fun, and time spent with family and friends…probably not enough sleep.
Here’s a tasty way to pump your body full of good stuff to help fuel you through the season.
It’s a Happy ! Happy ! day over here…. Santa came early!
You may remember from my Faux Ice Cream post a few months back just how much I was coveting the new Ninja Blender System I saw at the International Food Bloggers Conference. It had all kinds of bells and whistles but what I thought was so amazing was the Auto-IQ technology that essentially takes the guess work out of blending to perfection. One touch and the Ninja blends everything at exactly the right speed, for exactly the right amount of time. (it pulses, blends, and pauses at just the right intervals to achieve optimum results)
Well lucky me! The Ninja elves delivered a new Nutri Ninja Blender Duo with Auto-IQ right to my door step! I’ve been blending up a storm over here…and thought I’d share pics of just how cool this blender system is! (because who knows…maybe you’ll just want to add it to your holiday list too!)
My three favorite things about this system
1. It’s POWERFUL! 1300 watts – In the scheme of blenders…that’s really powerful! ( which means better blending)
2. Auto-IQ- this thing is brilliant…I mean really brilliant. You get great results every time! No guess work, just simply push a button (there’s even a special “frozen drinks/smoothies” button) and the Ninja figures out exactly what to do. With a series of pulses, blending and pauses (and the unique stacked blade system Ninja uses).
3. The Ninja system comes with two blender cups (24 oz. and 32 oz.) which are perfect for smaller blending jobs or SMOOTHIES! You fill the cup with all of the goodies you want to use in your smoothie, screw on the blade system and pop it on the blender base. When you’re done blending you simply unscrew the blade unit and screw on the flip top Sip and Seal lid.
Yep, that’s right you can sip right from the cup you blended in! It seals shut with the flip of the lid so you can take it with you when you’re on the go. Or store in the refrigerator. I sometimes like to make a smoothie and have a few sips prior to my workout, and save the rest for post workout..it’s perfect! Plus the cups (and pitcher) can go right into the dishwasher for easy cleaning. Sweet!
O.K….well I’m off to blend up some more healthy goodness. (Can you tell who’s pretty excited about this new blender system?)
If you want some more info on this and other Ninja products you can check out the NinjaKitchen.com site.
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces ( frozen for at least 2 hours)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, peeled and cut up into chunks
- ¾ cup almond milk (or low-fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut up into 1 inch pieces
- Ice (if you are not using frozen bananas you will want to add a few cubes of ice)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend to combine. (If your blender has a smoothie/frozen drinks setting use that)