Avocado Toast + Herbed Ricotta & Fresh Tomatoes- Crusty Artisan bread toasted and topped with creamy avocado, herbed ricotta (ricotta with spinach, basil, red pepper flakes and chives) and Fresh Tomatoes. A crowd pleaser and it only takes 5 min. to make.
Hey hey…who loves avocado toast?
Whoever came up with the simple idea of marrying creamy avocado and a perfectly crunchy piece of toast and making it a “thing” was a GENIUS !
The flavors..the textures..it just works!
Today’s Avocado Toast + Herbed Ricotta & Fresh Tomatoes is a mash-up of two of my favs. Simple Avocado Toast (avocado, toast, a drizzle of olive oil and salt + pepper) and Fresh Tomato and Herbed Ricotta Bruschetta ( one of SHK’s most pinned recipes on Pinterest)
The result? It goes like this: crunchy toasted artisan bread, a light drizzle of olive oil, fresh avocado slices (or smashed avocado if you prefer)
Add a spoonful of herbed ricotta cheese (ricotta mixed with fresh spinach, basil and chives). SO much flavor. Swoon.
Top the whole thing off with some sliced cherry or heirloom tomatoes. Swoon more.
Bite in…and prepare to fall in love.
Perfect for a light meal option, or snack. Or, use a French baguette and make mini avocado appetizer toasts for your next party.
Avocado Toast + Herbed Ricotta & Fresh Tomatoes
- 6 slices artisan bread toasted
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large ripe avocado halved, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped spinach leaves
- 1 Tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives divided
- pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast bread, in a toaster or under the broiler in the oven until golden brown.
- While bread is toasting, combine ricotta cheese, spinach, basil chives and red pepper flakes in a small mixing bowl . Stir to combine thoroughly. Set aside
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Drizzle or brush top sides of toast with olive oil.
- Assemble toasts by layering each piece of toast with sliced avocado, ricotta mixture, and sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with snipped chives and chopped basil.