Fettuccine + Pumpkin, Parmesan, Bacon & Sage -So Easy! You only need a few simple ingredients to whip up this healthy Fall inspired meal. A super creamy pumpkin sauce tossed with fettuccine, Parmesan, bacon and sage makes for a perfect quick and easy dish the whole family will love.
Fall just wouldn't be Fall without pumpkins! I look forward to this time of year when the seasons shift, the sun starts to take on a more golden glow, the air has a slight chill, the smell of cozy fires in the fireplace , and the sound of leaves crunching under your feet....and pumpkins! lots and lots of pumpkins!
It's a fall tradition...when the leaves start turning...pumpkin starts appearing in all sorts of favorite foods, and why not? Besides adding a whole lot of creaminess and flavor to dishes, pumpkin also adds a whole lot of nutritional goodness. Yep, pumpkin is packed with a healthy dose of fiber and antioxidants. Antioxidants like beta carotene which is essential for healthy glowing skin, good eyesight and good for your immune system.
Creamy sauces= comfort food = Fall/Winter essential! Here's where pumpkin steals the show! Many creamy sauces are creamy/delicious because they include high calorie/fat ingredients. The beautiful part of using pumpkin is that pumpkin puree is so creamy itself you only need the smallest touch of cream/butter to get that same comfort food goodness. Which means a whole lot fewer calories and fat! and don't forget the added nutritional value of pumpkin. Yes, pumpkins are pretty magical!
So whip up a batch of this super easy Fettuccine + Pumpkin, Parmesan, Bacon & Sage and cozy up in front of the fire and enjoy a dose of pumpkin goodness.
Pumpkin Fettuccine + Bacon & Parmesan
- 8 oz. fettuccine uncooked
- 3 slices bacon chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp half and half or heavy cream
- 1 tsp butter optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Retain 1 cup cooking liquid. Drain pasta, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, stirring occasionally until almost crisp (about 4 mins). Add sage and garlic, cook 1 min. stirring constantly (you don't want the sage to burn). Drain any excess bacon fat if necessary.
- Add pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Mix in pasta, half & half, butter and toss to coat. Pour in reserved pasta water sparingly until you reach your desired consistency ( you probably will only need about 1/2-3/4 cup of reserved liquid). Cook 2-3 min. until pasta is heated thoroughly. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light- Fettuccine with Pumpkin Sauce
Leave a Reply