Craving a burger? How about something a little different from your average run of the mill hamburger?
Let’s up our burger game with this Indian Curry Turkey Burger! Lean ground turkey gets a huge punch of flavor by adding curry powder, cilantro, red bell pepper, panko, ginger and garlic. These burgers are super flavorful without being spicy hot. If you happen to love spice, you could easily substitute curry paste (like Thai curry paste, any color) for the curry powder.
Prep time and cook time is really minimal! This is how it goes…chop red bell pepper, cilantro and fresh ginger. Add ground turkey, panko, red bell pepper, cilantro, curry powder, sweet chili sauce, ginger and garlic in a big mixing bowl. Form the burger patties. Boom! in under 10 mins you have burgers ready to be cooked.
Take advantage of the last few weeks of summer and fire up the BBQ to cook the burgers, or use a big skillet and cook them on the stove top (about 3-5 min each side)
To finish off these flavorful burgers serve them on a toasted bun with a touch of mango chutney (found in most grocery stores) and a liberal dose of “curry sauce”.
Dont skimp on the “curry sauce”!!! it’s so critical to taking these burger from fabulous to AH-MAZING!! Just a few simple ingredients (plain yogurt, mayo, curry powder,cumin, garlic and onion powder) get mixed together and top the Indian Curry Turkey Burgers. The slightly tangy yogurt plus the mayo and spices..I’m just sayin’ DONT SKIMP! because this stuff is addicting!
- 1.25 lb. ground turkey
- ⅓ cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp curry powder *
- 1 tsp sweet chili sauce (optional)
- ½ tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted if desired
- mango chutney (found in most grocery stores) and lettuce to garnish if desired
- Curry Sauce
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- In a large mixing bowl combine turkey, panko, red bell pepper, cilantro, curry powder, chili sauce, ginger, garlic and salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add patties and cook 3-5 minutes on each side until fully cooked. Alternatively you can cook the burgers on the stove in a grill pan or cook patties on an outside BBQ grill.
- Toast hamburger buns if desired. Place one patty on each hamburger bun and garnish with mango chutney and lettuce. Top burger with curry sauce and serve.