Pears = Fall Pizza! Say what? You may be scratching your head and wondering if I’ve lost it over here…but I’m just sayin’ juicy ripe pears BELONG on top of a Fall Pizza. You know the grown-up kind of “make your taste buds go crazy” Fall pizza.
Pears are a key element to this Fall Pizza ..but wait…it just keeps getting better. Just as the name of this recipe suggests pears are just the beginning. There’s cheese and Prosciutto too!
Here’s the “pièce de résistance”. Once the Pear + Prosciutto pizza comes out of the oven and the crust has baked up golden brown, the Mozzarella cheese has become all ooey goooey and the pears have started to caramelize. Here comes the BEST part…Arugula drizzled with white truffle oil, grated Parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon top off the pizza.
I’m keeping things super simple and using a pre-made pizza crust for this Pear + Prosciutto Pizza. I’ve been eating mostly grain-free these days so I opted to use this three cheese pizza crust from Against the Grain that I purchased at Whole Foods (in the freezer section). You can use any type of pre-made pizza crust you like or opt to make your own crust.
I can’t even accurately describe the flavor party happening here! Slightly sweet caramelized pears, a bit of salty from the prosciutto and grated Parmesan, melted Mozzarella cheese, peppery arugula and truffle oil. Just WOW. Just WOW!
I highly recommend sourcing out the white truffle oil if you don’t already have it in your pantry. It really does make this pizza plus it’s surprisingly versatile. You can add a drizzle of truffle oil to all kinds of dishes, like potatoes, pasta, polenta, vegetables, popcorn, scrambled eggs (yes, it’s amazing) or even to this Cauliflower Mushroom “Risotto” with Parmesan and Truffle Oil
I haven’t’ had any trouble finding while truffle oil at my local grocery store, Whole Foods or even Trader Joes. White truffle oil is also available from Amazon.
Hint…hint…make some extra arugula with white truffle oil and Parmesan to nibble on while the pizza is cooking. So good!
- 1 medium ( 12”) prepared pizza crust, homemade or store bought
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced (any variety)
- 3 oz. sliced prosciutto (about 6 slices) torn into smaller pieces
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp white truffle oil
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F (or according to crust package directions). Place pizza crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet. Drizzle or brush pizza crust with olive oil. Sprinkle and distribute the Mozzarella cheese evenly over the pizza crust. Add pear slices and prosciutto.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, the cheese is melted, and the pears are slightly caramelized (approx. 10-14 min.).
- While pizza is cooking, whisk together lemon juice and truffle oil. Just before taking pizza out of oven, add arugula to lemon juice mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and toss to coat.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool for a few minutes before cutting into slices. Top pizza with arugula mixture and serve immediately.