Say CHEERS! And ring in some holiday spirit with these festive Skinny Pomegranate Martinis. At only 107 calories a pop…you can indulge guilt-free. Perfect for holiday parties or any winter gathering (or just a cozy night at home).
So fancy! That’s how you’re going to feel when you’re holding one of these ruby jewels in your hand. Who wouldn’t want to have the opportunity to say “shaken not stirred” , a la James Bond style and totally get away with all that sophistication. ( go ahead you know you want to …”I’ll have mine shaken not stirred” …or maybe that was just me ? ya, probably just me )
Aren’t they just gorgeous? I mean you have to feel all festive and holidayish (yep that’s a word in my world) sipping on one of these Skinny Pomegranate Martinis. Did you know that Pomegranates are actually REALLY nutritious? They are some of the healthiest fruits on the planet.
Deep ruby red color pomegranates are a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants as well as fiber and anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have also shown that drinking pomegranate juice (or eating the fruit) can help protect against diseases , like certain cancers and Alzheimer’s. Want to know more about pomegranates? History, how to select a pomegranate etc. you can get more info on the POM wonderful website. If you want to know more about how to extract the seeds from a pomegranate you can check out this previous post for Pear and Pomegrante French Toast.
Skinny Pomegranate Martini’s are the perfect balance of tart and refreshing. Of course it starts with your favorite vodka…a martini shaker (or covered container) a healthy dose of pomegrante juice, some sparkling mineral water ( I don’t know why this works, but it gives just enough of a light sparkle to give the drink a fresh, light feel. ) a squeeze of fresh orange juice and lots of ice to chill the martini to the perfect temperature.
Strain it into a big martini glass….hold it in your hand…raise your pinkie ( I swear it just happens naturally ) and toast to a Happy Holiday season, a Happy New Year…or anything you like!
- 2 shots vodka (approx. 1 oz per shot)
- ½ cup pomegranate juice (like POM wonderful)
- ¼ cup sparkling mineral water (or club soda)
- 2 tsp orange juice (preferable squeezed from fresh orange)
- ice (about a cup)
- pomegranate arils (seeds) for garnish (optional)
- lime, lemon, or orange slices for garnish
- Add vodka, pomegranate juice, sparkling water, orange juice and ice to a martini shaker. Shake to mix thoroughly. Strain into a martini (or wine) glass. Add about a tsp of fresh pomegranate seeds to martini and garnish with a slice of lime.