I’m crazy about cauliflower! The fact that it’s loaded with all kinds of wonderful nutrients that are good for you is a bonus. Cauliflower can be roasted, broiled, pureed, made into pizza crust or rice substitutes, and well.. added to just about anything.
Today I am giving it a mexican flair and pairing it up with chicken,black beans, fresh corn, avocado and cilantro for a one pot meal the whole family will enjoy.
Cheesy Tex Mex Cauliflower with Chicken and Fresh Avocado
- 1 large head cauliflower chopped into bite size pieces.
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 ears fresh corn or 1 cup frozen, thawed
- 2 cups tex mex cheese
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped ( plus some for garnish)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 avocado diced
- salt to taste
- Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- Cut corn kernels off the cob, and place in a large mixing bowl with cauliflower.
- Add juice of one lime, cilantro and spices, mix ingredients so spices coat all cauliflower pieces. Set aside for at least 15 min. to let the flavors mingle and intensify.
- Cook chicken breast on stove top in skillet over medium heat, and cut into bite size pieces. Add to the cauliflower mixture.
- Add black beans and 1 cup of cheese to the cauliflower mixture , mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to individual ramekins or a 8 x 12 baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425F for 15 min.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Return to oven and broil until cheese is bubbling and golden brown ( approx. 10 min).
- Garnish with fresh diced avocado and chopped cilantro. Serve this one dish, complete meal while it's still piping hot. Enjoy!