I'm a big fan of the egg! It's so versatile and just about everything tastes great either, with an egg on top or folded into a big fluffy omelette. I've been experimenting with some new ways to cook eggs lately. (maybe you'd also like to try the Breakfast Tostada with Purple Potato Hash and Bacon...yum!) I've been intrigued with the baked eggs in avocado, and I thought they might be really good topped with some of the huge batch of mango salsa I had in the refrig.
The mixture of warm and creamy avocados, eggs, and the slightly sweet and spicy salsa was a delicious combination. Great scooped and eaten just as is, or even better (in my opinion) smashed on top of a crusty hearty piece of toast. mmmm..loving the egg just a little bit more now!
Baked Eggs in Avocado
- 1 medium avocado cut in half and stone removed
- 2 small eggs
- salt and pepper
- mango salsa
- Cut avocados in half, and remove stone. Scoop out enough avocado to make room for eggs.
- Crack one egg in each half of avocado. (if egg is too large to fit in avocado, crack egg over a bowl and let some of the egg white fall to the bowl, add the yolk and remaining white to the avocado).
- In a preheated 425F oven bake eggs for 15 min. or until they are set the way you like.
- Top with mango salsa or toppings of your choice (like diced tomatoes, crumbled bacon and scallions).
Scoop and eat, or try smashing on a hearty piece of toast. Delicious!
Leave a Reply