I’ve been in love with the mango salsa from Whole Foods for years! I’ve tried many differnt variations from many different places, but keep coming back to the Whole Foods version.
Its like the Goldilocks and the three bears story, for me the Whole Foods mango salsa is my “just right”. I’ve driven across town or to the next town over when I didn’t live near a Whole Foods. Just for the mango salsa! it’s the perfect vibrant, colorful, blend of sweet juicy mangos and spicy red pepper and jalapeno. Mouth watering just thinking about it.
Can Goldilocks have two “just rights”? Because now I do! I decided to try making mango salsa myself. Wow! it’s really so simple, and so delicious!
Mango salsa is a perfect healthy addition to so many things; try topping halibut or macadamia nut crusted Mahi Mahi. Add it to fish tacos, turkey burgers, or a big bowl of brown rice and fresh veggies. It goes great with Baked Eggs in Avocado or would be a great addition to the Breakfast Tostadas with Purple potato Hash and Bacon. Or how about a big bowl of homemade baked corn torilla chips?
There are endless options for this deliciousness. Want a little variety? try adding black beans, corn, or tomatoes Enjoy!
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup red onion,diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 6 inch corn tortillas ( preferably white corn)
- olive oil, for brushing tortillas
- sea salt
- Combine mango, red bell pepper, onion, lime juice, jalapeno, and cilantro in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least ½ hour to let flavors mingle.