WARNING! these are highly addictive..but unlike potato chips or other snack foods you try to limit yourself from eating, these Crunchy Roasted Garbanzos you can just go on eating to your hearts content because :
a.) you heart will love you for it! - Garbanzos (aka chickpeas) have been shown to lower LDL (bad) and overall cholesterol
b.) they are packed with protein & fiber
c.) well...they are just plain delicious! and impossible to stop popping into your mouth and crunching...pop!..crunch!...
Crunchy Roasted Garbanzos
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, thoroughly drained, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Drain, rinse and dry garbanzos. Remove any garbanzo "skins" that have come loose in the washing process (they will roast quickly and burn).
- Place garbanzos in a medium bowl and mix with the remaining ingredients. (I like to actually place the garganzos in a large ziplock bag and add remaining ingredients and shake to evenly coat the garbonzos with spices and olive oil).
- Spread the garbanzos in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and place in preheated 400F oven until crisp and golden brown (approx. 30-40 min) you may want to give the garbanzos a little shake or stir during the cooking process to make sure they are browning evenly.