Goat Cheese Appetizer with Honey, Fig & Pistachios- This is my "go-to" easy appetizer! So many people have asked me for the recipe but here's the beauty...you don't even need one! It's four simple ingredients and takes only 5 minutes to whip up.
It really doesn't get any easier than this! Transform a simple log of Goat Cheese into an impressive appetizer in less than 5 minutes!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Goat Cheese Log
- Fig Jam
Where to find Fig Jam/ Fig Spread?
You can use either Fig Jam or Fig Spread for this recipe. They are very similar, however where you find them in your local grocery store may be different depending on if you are looking for Fig Jam or Fig Spread. Fig Jam is usually found where the other jam/jellies are located. Fig Spread is usually found in the specialty cheese section of the store.
Trader Joe's sells their version called "Fig Butter" which works as well.
The sweet fig taste pairs well with tangy goat cheese but you'll find lots of uses for the rest of the jar of fig jam/spread. Try slathering it on toast or English muffins, use it in a PBJ sandwich or on a toasted cheese or ham and cheese sandwiches. Stir it into yogurt or top ice cream. Pair it with cream cheese on a bagel and of course it goes great on your cheese boards as well (especially good with cheeses like brie, goat cheese, blue cheese and aged cheddars).
If you'd like to make your own Fig Jam here's an easy recipe from Food & Wine
How to Make this Easy Goat Cheese Appetizer
1. Chop the pistachios and place them on plate.
2. Roll a goat cheese log in the pistachios to coat the top and sides of cheese log with nuts. Place on a serving tray.
3. Drizzle with honey.
4. Heat the fig spread in a microwave safe dish for 10-15 seconds and drizzle over goat cheese.
What to Serve with this Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Crackers- Any of your favorites. Rosemary crackers or Cranberry Nut crackers are especially tasty.
- Sliced Bread- sliced fresh bread or try toasting a sliced baguette to make crostini's
- Apple Slices- the combo of goat cheese, honey and fig is great on apple slices
- Other Fruit- grapes, pears, fresh figs, and dried fruit (like apricots or cranberries)
- Garnishes- fresh rosemary
Give this Appetizer a Holiday Twist
Add a few dried cranberries to the chopped pistachios prior to rolling the goat cheese log to give this appetizer a holiday twist. Garnish the tray with fresh rosemary and fresh cranberries for a festive look.
You might also like this Cranberry Almond Goat Cheese Log. Both are perfect for your holiday parties or family get togethers, or any time you need a quick easy appetizer.
Goat Cheese Appetizer with Honey, Fig & Pistachios
- 1 medium fresh goat cheese log approx. 11 oz.
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fig spread like Dalmatia brand
- crackers or bread for serving
- On a small plate, spread out the chopped pistachios, Roll goat cheese on the pistachios to coat top and sides. Transfer to a serving tray.
- Drizzle honey over cheese log
- In a microwave safe dish, add the fig spread (or Fig Jam), heat in microwave for 10 seconds. Drizzle over cheese log. Serve with crackers or bread.
Rosemary flavored, or cranberry nut crackers are especially tasty with the fig, honey and pistachio goat cheese.