Pan Seared Halibut with Fresh Seasonal Vegetables- Take fresh Halibut to a new ( quick & easy) level with this recipe. Drizzled with pesto and pan seared with fresh seasonal vegetables you can have this tasty dinner on the table in just about 30 minutes.
Oh la la! Look at all those colors! No need to wait until the weekend to serve up this colorful healthy meal; it comes together in about 30 minutes. Pan Seared Halibut- Delicate, flakey, melt in your mouth Wild Alaskan Halibut, is pan seared and served on a bed of fresh seasonal vegetables. A drizzle of pesto olive oil compliments the flavors, while still allowing the moist, sweet halibut to shine through.
Simple enough to whip up any night of the week. Gourmet enough to serve at your next dinner party.
- 4 6 oz. Halibut fillets
- ¾ pound thin green beans, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 yellow heirloom tomato
- 24 small purple potatoes
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp prepared Pesto sauce
- olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Place potatoes and green beans in a medium saucepan and add water to cover; season with salt. ( salt helps to keep the green and purple colors vibrant). Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until potatoes and green beans are tender.(approx 5 min.)
- Remove from heat and plunge potatoes and green beans into a bowl filled with cold water and ice ( also to help keep colors vibrant and stops the cooking process)
- Meanwhile cut cherry tomatoes in half, and dice heirloom tomato, set all vegetables aside.
- Add Pesto sauce with just enough olive oil to make it a "pourable" consistency, set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp oil in medium-high heat. Brush each side of the Halibut with a light coating of olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook fish in skillet with skin side down until skin is very crisp (approx 4 min.) Turn fish and cook until just cooked through ( approx. 2 min more) . Remove skin with a fork (optional) and transfer fish to a plate.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a medium pan over medium high heat, add the chopped scallions, and tomatoes, cook for just a couple of minutes until scallions are soft and tomatoes are lightly cooked. Add potatoes and green beans to pan and heat to desired temeurature.
- After transferring the fish to a plate, spoon vegetable mixture around the fish and drizzle fish and vegetable with the pesto/olive oil mixture. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and add chopped scallions as a garnish if desired.