Creamy peanut sauce + Stir-fry Veggies + Chicken = Quick and Easy meal. Bonus, it only takes about 25 min. from start to finish to have this super tasty meal on the table.
If you have a package of chicken (preferable boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs) some frozen stir-fry veggies, and a few pantry staples on hand you’re set to whip up this easy Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry.
The recipe does call for coconut milk (the Thai version that comes in a can) but if that’s not something you have on hand you can easily substitute almond or coconut milk (the kind in the carton).
I’m serving this Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry over zucchini noodles (because more veggies are always better in my book) but this would be equally as delicious over rice, linguine/spaghetti, ramen noodles, quinoa etc.
For more information on making “zoodles” (zucchini noodles) with a spiralizer check out this post (Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto)
Use packaged stir-fry veggies to keep this super simple or chop up any of your favorite veggies.
As you can tell by all the “substitution” ideas…this recipe for Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry is highly customizable! So use your favorite veggies, give the sauce more of kick by adding more red pepper flakes/sriracha (or not), serve over zoodles/rice/pasta/quinoa. Anyway to choose, the creamy peanut sauce + veggies+ chicken is a winner for a quick and easy (and flavorful) meal the whole family will love.
More recipes with Peanut Sauce:
Tools used in this recipe:
Skillet Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
- 3-4 medium zucchini
- 1 14 oz. can unsweetened light coconut milk found in the Asian section of the supermarket (or 1 cup almond or coconut milk (in the carton)
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce low sodium
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper more to taste
- sriracha to taste
- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (approx. 1 inch)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Wash zucchini, Use a spiralizer or julienne peeler to make zucchini noodles. Set aside. *
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes and sriracha (to taste). Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (about 6 min.) . Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add stir-fry vegetable and peas to hot skillet, cook until thoroughly heated (approx 2-3 min.).
- Add sauce to skillet and return chicken. Combine all ingredients to thoroughly coat with sauce.Serve over zucchini noodles. **
*recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens- Peanut Satay Stir-Fry