Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas- Let the oven do the work! Only one sheet- pan and about 20 min needed to have tasty chicken fajitas on your table. Perfectly seasoned juicy chicken, bell peppers, and caramelized onions nestled in soft flour tortillas and topped with a squeeze of fresh lime and a sprinkling of fresh cilantro. A perfect weeknight meal the whole family will love.
I know how much you all love easy, healthy chicken fajitas! Because, for the past two years Crockpot Chicken Fajitas has consistently been the most viewed recipe here on SHK. I mean how can you go wrong? Only 4 ingredients and some spices go into the crockpot, let it all cook for a few hours and out pops a Mexican fiesta!
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas are great when you’ve planned ahead but what about those times when it’s fast approaching the dinner hour and you have no idea what you’re going to make ?
Ta da! I give you Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. Just as easy as the crockpot version but the oven does all the work. From start to finish you can have dinner on the table in about 20 mins.
My friend just bought a house in Cabo San Lucas and ever since she told me her good news, I’ve had Mexico on the brain! I’m longing for sun, sand, skinny margaritas, carnitas tacos, and sizzling chicken fajitas. Oh how I’d love to be out of this gray Seattle weather and somewhere warm and sunny.
Until then, it’s tasty Tex-Mex flavors and more day dreaming ……
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into ½ inch thick strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- Optional Toppings ( sour cream, cheese, salsa, avocado etc)
- !For the Seasoning *
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper , to taste ( recommend approx. 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper)
- Preheat oven to 425 F . Spray a large sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the seasonings; chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, chicken, bell pepper, onion and seasonings . Toss to combine.
- Spread chicken, bell peppers and onion into an even layer on baking sheet . Roast until chicken is fully cooked and bell peppers/onions reach desired tenderness ( approx. 10 – 15 min depending on the thickness of the chicken strips) careful not to overcook the chicken.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and warm up in the oven for last 5 min. of cooking time.
- Remove fajita mixture from oven and pour off any extra juices from cooking. Squeeze juice from fresh lime over fajita mixture and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Serve filling warm in warm tortillas and top with optional toppings (like sour cream, cheese, salsa or guacamole).
Nutritional Info is for Fajita Mixture only ( chicken,bell pepper, onions etc w/o the tortillas- calories/nutritional info vary by size and brand of tortilla selected,