Craving something a little sweet for dessert or a snack? Want to keep it healthy? Here’s a way to do both! Grilled Pineapple with Honey Cinnamon Yogurt Dip.
I’m a big fan of grilling fruit (like peaches, nectarines , and even blueberries) it’s such a simple process that gives the fruit an amazing taste. The natural sugars from the fruits caramelize bringing out the most delectable smoky /sweet flavor in the fruit.
You can grill the pineapple on a BBQ or even on a grill pan (like I did for this recipe). It just takes a few minutes.
You’ll want to coat the grates of the BBQ or grill pan with a little oil to prevent the fruit from sticking, but that’s the only special prep you need. Just place the pineapple slices on the grill/pan until there are nice grill marks on one side (depending on heat of grill/pan 3-5 min.) and then flip them over and do the same on the other side.
The Honey Cinnamon Yogurt Dip is super easy too. Just place your favorite Greek or regular yogurt (plain, honey, or vanilla flavors are especially good!) in a bowl, drizzle with honey and a pinch of cinnamon. How is easy is that!
You could also try grilling peaches or nectarines and topping with a scoop of the honey cinnamon yogurt dip…that’s delish too!
Grilled Pineapple + Honey Cinnamon Yogurt Dip
- vegetable or olive oil for grill pan or BBQ grates
- ½ pineapple skin removed and cut into wedges
- 1 small container of plain Greek yogurt approx. 7 oz. ( I used FAGE brand)
- drizzle of honey
- pinch of cinnamon
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat ( or BBQ grill).Lightly oil grates of pan or BBQ. Place pineapple wedges on hot pan (or BBQ). Let cook until grill marks have formed and pineapple has slightly caramelized (approx. 5 min.) flip pineapple over and repeat on other side.
- While pineapple is cooking, place yogurt in a dish suitable for dipping. Drizzle with desired amount of honey and a pinch of cinnamon.
Great idea! If I ever need something to replace cream or even mayo for salted dishes I use yogurt, its so much better for you.