The slider... quite possible one of the best inventions EVER! They are perfect finger foods for parties, great backyard BBQ fare, make a great light lunch or dinner and usually get the thumbs up from the kidos. What more could you ask for? How about a spiced up healthier version of the classic slider.
We are subbing ground chicken for the traditional ground beef, and adding a kick of heat with some jalepeno and red bell peppers. Add three kinds of cheese and top with avocado and greens = yum! yum! yum!
Jalapeno Three Cheese Chicken Sliders
Servings: 8 sliders
- 1.25 lbs. ground chicken
- ⅓ cup each shredded parmesan cheddar, jack cheese.
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slider rolls or small dinner rolls
- greens sliced tomatoes, sliced avacado for serving
Share on Facebook Pin Recipe
- Combine ground chicken, cheeses, jalapeno, and red bell pepper in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Form chicken mixture into 8 patties ( approx. 1/2 inch thick)
- Heat a grill pan ( or skillet) over medium high heat.
- Cook patties until golden brown and cooked through. ( Approx. 2-3 min. each side)
- Split rolls and place the cut side down on grill pan to toast
- Serve with your choice of toppings; lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced avacado.
Tried this recipe? Pin it for later!Mention @shkitchen or tag #simplehealthykitchen!
Leave a Reply