Eating more greens has been proven to have many health benefits, including reducing chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease. The problem? Most people don’t get anywhere near enough nutrient packed green vegetables in their diet to take advantage of their benefits.
Well, here’s one way to get more greens into your diet in a simple tasty smoothie- with an optional “turbo boost”.
- ⅓ cup coconut water
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 2 -3 leaves kale or spinach ( or a combination)
- 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- ½ banana
- 1.5 oz. shot of fresh green juice (see below- optional)
- In a blender combine all ingredients and blend for approx. 1 min., until all ingredients including ginger are fully incorporated. (If your blender has a smoothie setting, use that) . You may want to add some ice for extra thickness.
- Juice, in a juicer, extra kale and spinach to yield a shot glass (1.5 oz.) of juice. Add to all ingredients before blending.