Need a little afternoon pick-me up? Didn't have time for breakfast, and there's no way you'll make it to lunch? Pre or post workout energizer? Or maybe you just love candy but are trying to eat a little healthier? Gotcha covered! Peanut Butter Protein Balls!
These easy no-bake peanut butter protein balls combine the goodness of oats, with smooth creamy dark chocolate and some crunchy & sweetness from peanut butter, dried cherries and pistachios. You won't have to spend forever in the kitchen either, these little balls of healthy goodness come together in about 15 min.
Start by melting dark chocolate chips in the microwave.
Add the honey, vanilla, and peanut butter.
Add the oats, protein powder, dried cherries, and pistachios
Roll the "dough" into one inch balls. They are sweet and tasty au-natural, but if you like you can dress them up a bit too. Roll them in flaked coconut, unsweetened cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or even some chopped up cherries.
Aren't they cute! Have a little fun, they fit perfectly in mini cupcake holders. Put them on a pedestal. Serve them at your next party. Perfect little bites of goodness.
They store well in an airtight container in the fridge, or keep them in the freezer. When you need a quick hit of energy, just grab one of these cuties and go!
Oats, Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup dried cherries or cranberries
- ¼ cup pistachios chopped
- 2 Tablespoons protein powder chocolate flavor
- ¼ cup oats
- flaked coconut chopped nuts, unsweetened cocoa powder, to roll the finished protein balls in if desired.
- In a medium size microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and microwave for 40-45 seconds. Stir chips, they will continue melting as you stir. Add honey and vanilla and continue stirring.
- Add Peanut Butter and mix thoroughly. Add dried cherries, pistachios protein powder and oats. Continue to stir until fully combined. Depending on the consistency you may need to add a little splash of honey to fully mix together. Refrigerate for 5 minutes (it's easier to roll the balls when the mixture is a little chilled).
- Use your hands to form one inch balls. If desired put coconut flakes, mixed nuts, or unsweetened cocoa powder on a small plate and roll the protein ball to coat the ball.