Ridiculously EASY! Ridiculously YUM!
I’ve been a little bit obsessed with this super easy meal this week…shhh! don’t tell, I think I’ve had it three times already.
It’s hard not to crave the perfect pairing of sweet caramelized onion and pear, on top of a warm flat bread, topped with crumbly gorgonzola and fresh spinach. Oh, and did I mention that this little gem features both fruits and vegetables, and is so easy you literally can prepare, cook and have dinner on the table in less than 20 min?
Start by caramelizing the pears and onions. Add cut pears and onions to a pan over medium heat.
Caramelize together for about 8 min. until pears and onion are golden brown.
Brush the flatbread with olive oil and top of pear/onion mixture, fresh spinach and gorgonzola cheese.
Pour yourself a glass of wine, pretend you’re sitting on a terrace overlooking the grand canals of Venice Italy and enjoy this simple, easy, delicious meal!
Caramelized Pear and Gorgonzola Flat Bread
- 2 small flat breads Naan or other
- 2 small Bartlett pears
- 1 medium sweet onion like Maui
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- sprinkle of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- handful of fresh spinach leaves or arugula
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar optional
- Heat oil in pan ( on medium)
- Add sliced onions (very thinly sliced) and cut up pear pieces
- Caramelize them together in pan for about 8 min. (or until onion is golden brown)
- Brush flat breads lightly with olive oil and place on a grease cookie sheet
- Sprinkle with desired amount of Gorgonzola cheese
- Add pear-onion mix and desired amount of fresh spinach to the flat bread
- Bake at 425 F for approx. 5-7 min.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar if desired and serve