Here’s a decadent treat you don’t have to feel guilty about eating. Three simple ingredients; dark chocolate, nuts (your choice; almonds, pecans, or walnuts) and a little agave. In just a few minutes you can whip up a heart healthy “clean eating” treat to satisfy your sweet tooth and do your heart some good.
Package these up in a cute box or celaphane treat bags with pretty bows and you’ve got a great gift for your chocolate loving friends.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips ( I like Ghirardelli dark chocolate)
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 60 nuts of your choice ( Almonds, Walnuts, or Pecans)
- Line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Form "turtles" by placing 5 nuts in a cluster on parchment paper
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir chips and microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir the mixture. There will probably be some partially melted chips, just keep stiring until they are incorporated and fully melted
- Add 1 tsp agave syrup to the melted chocolate.
- Spoon approx. 2 tsp of chocolate mixture over each cluster of nuts.