Here's a decadent treat you don't have to feel guilty about eating. Three simple ingredients; dark chocolate, nuts (your choice; almonds, pecans, or walnuts) and a little agave. In just a few minutes you can whip up a heart healthy "clean eating" treat to satisfy your sweet tooth and do your heart some good.
Package these up in a cute box or celaphane treat bags with pretty bows and you've got a great gift for your chocolate loving friends.
Decadent Healthy Dark Chocolate Turtles
Decadent combination of dark chocolate and heart healthy nuts make a clean eating dessert or snack
Servings: 12 turtles
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips I like Ghirardelli dark chocolate
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 60 nuts of your choice Almonds, Walnuts, or Pecans
Share on Facebook Pin Recipe
- Line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Form "turtles" by placing 5 nuts in a cluster on parchment paper
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir chips and microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir the mixture. There will probably be some partially melted chips, just keep stiring until they are incorporated and fully melted
- Add 1 tsp agave syrup to the melted chocolate.
- Spoon approx. 2 tsp of chocolate mixture over each cluster of nuts.
Refrigerate the "turtles" for approx. 2 hours.
These are best served at room temperature, so remove from the refrigerator a few minutes before serving.
Remaining turtles can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days in a air tight containerl
Tried this recipe? Pin it for later!Mention @shkitchen or tag #simplehealthykitchen!
These look yummy! Plan to make them soon.