Power Breakfast Bowl- Looking for healthy breakfast ideas? This breakfast bowl is power packed with good -for -you ingredients like oats, chia seeds, blackberries, raspberries and nuts and seeds. A delicious way to fuel your body so you are ready to face whatever the day may bring. Besides being delicious and good for you, this Power Breakfast Bowl is also very easy to make. Can be made two ways! hot or cold.
This power breakfast bowl actually brings you two healthy breakfast ideas because depending your your mood, there are two ways to prepare this breakfast bowl: in the mood for hot oatmeal? or cold overnight oats?
1.The overnight version- called “overnight oats” (cold)
Requires just a few minutes to combine the ingredients together before bed- the magic happens in the refrigerator while you are sleeping. In the morning you’ll have a perfectly creamy, hearty, healthy bowl of cold cereal. Simply remove container from the fridge and top with fresh fruit, seeds and nuts. Adding just a touch of fresh mint adds a refreshing clean layer to this meal.
A closer look at the healthy toppings ( nuts, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), carob chips, dried cranberries, fresh raspberries and blackberries) Use any of your favorites.
2. The Stove-top version- (hot)
If you are in the mood for a HOT bowl of healthy oatmeal goodness, you can try the stove-top version of this recipe. Just as easy as preparing a bowl of regular oatmeal, but we’ll be amp'ing up the nutritional value by adding chia seeds. Chia seeds add extra protein, fiber, antioxidants, and Omega-3’s. Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt (or coconut/soy yogurt if keeping things Vegan) and fresh berries, nuts and seeds.
It’s easy…It’s good for you…and either way you choose (overnight or stove-top) you’ll be fueled up and ready to tackle the day. Hearty oatmeal for the breakfast win!
Power Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup vanilla almond milk or milk of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon Chia seeds
- ¼ cup Greek vanilla yogurt or coconut/soy yogurt if keeping it Vegan
- splash of maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons mixed nuts like almonds, walnut, hazelnuts *
- 1 teaspoon dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon roasted pepitas pumpkin seeds ( or sunflower seeds)
- a few dark chocolate chips optional
- chopped fresh mint optional
For Overnight Option- (cold cereal)
- In a glass mason jar, or container of your choice, add oats, chia seeds, almond mik, greek yogurt and splash or maple syrup or honey.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight ( at least 8 hours).
- In the morning, stir the oats and top with fresh berries, nuts and seeds, and fresh mint (optional)
For the Stovetop Option- (Hot cereal)
- In a medium pan over medium high heat, add almond milk, oats, chia seeds, ½ cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until oats are cooked (approx. 5 min.)
- Top with yogurt, fresh berries, nuts and seeds, mint (optional) and a drizzle with maple syrup or honey.
* organic trail mix can be substituted for nuts and seeds above.