You know when you just want a little something sweet?
Maybe it’s a little late afternoon pick-me up? or right after a meal? Or maybe something to accompany your tea or coffee? Not a full-blown splurge, just a little nibble of something that tastes sweet.
Chocolate + Strawberry Bruschetta to the rescue! This quick, easy (and versatile) dessert is just the ticket! In just a few short minutes you can bite into a crunchy toasted bruschetta with melty dark chocolate and ripe sweet strawberries.
SO easy! You’ll need some fresh strawberries....
And your favorite dark chocolate bar...
I’m using one of my favs from a local Seattle organic chocolate company, Theo Chocolate.
If you find yourself in Seattle you HAVE to check out their factory tour! I learned so much about making chocolate and some of the cool things that make Theo so special (they were the first to bring organic cocoa beans to the USA and they grow their ingredients in the most sustainable way, meeting the highest standards for organic, Fair Trade and Fair for Life).
They have a TASTING ROOM that is insane! You can literally taste every type of chocolate that they make. Plates of samples line the place and it’s a chocolate lovers paradise. Heres a link if you want to know more about Theo Chocolate. ( I’m not affiliated in any way, nor are they sponsoring this post…I just happen to really love their chocolate and the good things they are doing …oh and the tasting room!)
Back to Bruschetta…
Break the chocolate bar into small pieces....
You’ll toast the baguette slices in a large frying pan (coating each side with a very small amount of butter or coconut oil). Once the baguette slices are toasty you’ll top them with the chocolate pieces. Turn off the heat on the skillet and cover the pan. In a few minutes the chocolate will be nice and melted.
Top with a sliced strawberry and a sprinkle of chopped nuts and prepare to satisfy that sweet tooth! Mmmm…..Mmmmmm….Mmmm!
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s completely adaptable. In both the quantity you make as well as the fruit you use to top the chocolate. If you want to make just one bruschetta you could totally do that! (freeze the sliced baguette pieces and pull out your desired amount at any time). So easy and so versatile.
Try topping with raspberries, banana slices, clementines, pineapple, kiwi etc. Including a few different fruits and serving on platter would make a beautiful dessert to take to a party or potluck.
** Recipe inspired by Sunset Fast & Fresh (Chocolate Raspberry Bruschetta 2014- pg. 55)
Chocolate + Strawberry Bruschetta
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter divided
- 16 baguette slices approx. 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large chocolate bar 3 oz., broken into 1/2 inch pieces
- 16 strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. chopped nuts of your choice such as almonds, peanuts, walnuts, pecans
- Spread a thin layer of butter on each side of baguette slices. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bread slices and cook until golden brown and toasty (approx. 4-5 min.) Flip bread over and repeat on the other side.
- Place chocolate pieces on baguette slices (you will probably need 1-2 pieces of chocolate per piece of bread). Remove pan from heat and cover, allowing chocolate to melt (approx. 5 min.) .
- While chocolate is melting, slice strawberries.
- Transfer bread to a serving plate and top with strawberries and chopped nuts.
Holy Moly, Susan, this looks fantastic. I could do this for dessert tonight! Thanks for sharing 🙂