Trifecta! Perfecta! Sweet juicy Clementines (Mandarin Oranges, Satsuma's) combined with heart healthy dark chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt, make a quick sweet treat you can feel good about. This is one of the easiest desserts (or snack) you'll ever make. There really are only 3 ingredients and it really will only take you 5 min. plus cooling time ( 10-15 min) to have these fresh healthy treats on the table. You'll need dark chocolate, I use Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips (available in most grocery stores..or use your favorite dark chocolate bar) , Clementines ( "Cuties", Satsuma, Mandarin Oranges) , and a sprinkle of sea salt ( regular...or perhaps a flavored sea salt? like chipolte ? )
Dark Chocolate Dipped Clementines With Sea Salt
- 4 clementines
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips I like Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips
- pinch of sea salt or fluer de sel
- Line a baking sheet with parchment/wax paper.
- Peel and segment clementines.
- Place chocolate chips in a small microwaveable bowl, heat for 30 seconds. Stir chocolate, chips will still be only partially melted, keep stirring until they melt ( you may need to microwave for additional time)
- Dip one end of the clementine in the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper
- Sprinkle with sea salt right away, before chocolate starts to harden.
I can't believe how simple yet amazing these look and sound - think these would be good all year round and can't wait to try!
Thanks Emma...if you have trouble finding clementines at some point during the year...try oranges! also really delicious!
Umm Haneefah @The Halal Gourmet
Oh! How wonderfully fabulous these are. Clementine season will be in uber full swing soon. They are really deceiving since they are so decadent looking. Deceiving because this is a really healthy recipe. Making!
Thanks! yes..that's exactly my thoughts! healthy...and decadent! I'm not a huge sweets girl, but sometimes you just want a little something sweet, without being crazy rich, or unhealthy.