Trifecta! Perfecta! Sweet juicy Clementines (Mandarin Oranges, Satsuma's) combined with heart healthy dark chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt, make a quick sweet treat you can feel good about. This is one of the easiest desserts (or snack) you'll ever make. There really are only 3 ingredients and it really will only take you 5 min. plus cooling time ( 10-15 min) to have these fresh healthy treats on the table. You'll need dark chocolate, I use Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips (available in most grocery stores..or use your favorite dark chocolate bar) , Clementines ( "Cuties", Satsuma, Mandarin Oranges) , and a sprinkle of sea salt ( regular...or perhaps a flavored sea salt? like chipolte ? )
Dark Chocolate Dipped Clementines With Sea Salt
- 4 clementines
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips I like Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips
- pinch of sea salt or fluer de sel
- Line a baking sheet with parchment/wax paper.
- Peel and segment clementines.
- Place chocolate chips in a small microwaveable bowl, heat for 30 seconds. Stir chocolate, chips will still be only partially melted, keep stirring until they melt ( you may need to microwave for additional time)
- Dip one end of the clementine in the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper
- Sprinkle with sea salt right away, before chocolate starts to harden.