Mediterranean Omelet Cups- Simplify your mornings! Loaded with Mediterranean favorites like spinach, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and Feta cheese. These mini omelets are cooked in a muffin tin and can be made ahead of time. Refrigerate or freeze and when you are ready for a healthy breakfast just heat them up in the microwave.
Also great for brunch, snacks, potlucks or anytime you feel like a tasty, low carb, healthy treat.
Breakfast is my favorite meal hands down! I could (and sometimes do) have breakfast food for any meal of the day. It’s also the meal that eludes me the most on busy weekday mornings.
Making mini omelets ahead of time in a muffin tin has been a huge help to getting a nutritious breakfast on the go. You can use a 12 cup regular muffin tin or a 6 cup jumbo muffin tin. I like to make a batch on Sunday nights and then I know I have breakfast covered for the whole week, no matter how hectic mornings may get.
You’ll only a few minutes prep time to get these Mediterranean Omelet Cups going. Simply cut up the veggies ( spinach, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives ) add to the muffin cups and sprinkle with crumbled Feta cheese.
Whisk together the eggs and seasoning. You can use oregano or a Mediterranean or Italian spice blend for a truly Mediterranean flavor. I’m not a huge oregano fan so I usually use one of my favorite all around spice blends from Trader Joes appropriately called “Everyday Seasoning” which includes spices like coriander, onion, sea salt, garlic, paprika, & chili pepper. Or keep in simple and just use salt and pepper, it’s completely up to you.
I’d suggest using a mixing bowl that has a pour spout, or a large mixing cup with a spout to whisk the eggs. It makes pouring the eggs into the muffin cups so much easier. If you don’t have either, then scooping the whisked eggs from the bowl with a ¼ cup measuring cup and pouring from the measuring cup into the muffin cups would also work.
Because you only need about 5 minutes prep time these Mediterranean Omelet Cups are also a great breakfast/brunch option when entertaining family and friends. You can serve them hot right out of the oven or even at room temperature ( like a Quiche).
Store any extra omelet cups in the refrigerator or freezer. When ready to eat just pop them in the microwave to reheat. ( about 30-45 seconds if stored in the refrigerator and about 1- 1/14 min. if stored in the freezer)
If you love breakfast as much as I do, here are a few favs previously shared on SHK:
Make Ahead Breakfasts
Easy Breakfast Casserole (with eggs, Canadian bacon, cheese and toasty bread)
Desserts for Breakfast
Double Chocolate Breakfast Brownies
Healthy Breakfast Banana Split
Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Smoothie
Anytime Breakfast Food
Sweet Potato and Kale Frittata with Goat Cheese
French Toast Muffins with Blueberry Sauce
Pear and Pomegranate French Toast
Mediterranean Omelet Cups
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped ( or frozen, thawed and water squeezed out)
- ¼ cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes quartered( or one medium tomato, diced)
- 12 Kalamata olives sliced
- 2 Tbsp crumbled Feta cheese
- 10 eggs
- 2 Tbsp water or milk
- ½ tsp Oregano or Mediterranean/Italian spice blend optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Italian parsley chopped for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 12 cup muffin tin ( or 6 cup jumbo size muffin tin) with non-stick spray. Divide spinach, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and olive evenly between all muffin cups. Sprinkle with Feta cheese.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, water, oregano (or Mediterranean/Italian spices)and salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the top of each muffin cup until just about full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set ( Approx 20 mins for regular size muffin cups and about 25 mins. for jumbo muffin cups). Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from muffin tin. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Leave a Reply